We Are Here To Serve You
An aggravated DUI is a felony in Illinois. Even a first-time DUI offender can be charged with a felony DUI based upon the facts of the case. However, most first and second-time DUI offenders are charged with a misdemeanor DUI offense in Illinois.
What Are the Penalties for an Aggravated DUI in Illinois?
A felony DUI in Illinois is punished severely. An aggravated DUI can be charged as a Class 4 Felony, a Class 2 Felony, a Class 1 Felony, and even a Class X Felony. Regardless of classification, a conviction for a felony DUI carries with the potential for incarceration and the revocation of the person’s driving privileges.
What Are the Factors That Make a DUI a Felony in Illinois?
A DUI is a felony in Illinois if one of 11 aggravating factors are present. If one of these 11 aggravating factors are present, a DUI can be upgraded to a felony even if the person has no criminal background. Here are the factors that make a DUI a felony in Illinois:
1) A 3rd or subsequent DUI arrest will always be charged as a felony DUI.
2) Receiving a DUI while driving a school bus with children under the age of 18 on board.
3) A DUI that results in a car accident where a person suffers permanent disability or great bodily harm and the cause of the injury is because the defendant was drinking and driving.
4) A drunk driving charge becomes an aggravated DUI if the DUI offender has a prior reckless homicide conviction based upon intoxication or impairment.
5) A DUI is a felony in Illinois if the DUI occurs within a school zone and a car crash occurred because of the DUI and another person suffered bodily harm.
6) A DUI is a felony in Illinois if the DUI was the proximate cause of someone’s death.
7) A driving while impaired charge is a felony in Illinois if the DUI occurred when the person’s driving license was suspended or revoked as a result of prior DUI, a statutory summary suspension, or reckless homicide.
8) A drunk driving charge is a felony in Illinois if the offender did not have a valid driver’s license at the time of the DUI offense.
9) An aggravated DUI occurs when the driver knew that their car was not properly insured.
10) A DUI is a felony in Illinois if the DUI was the proximate cause of bodily harm to a child under the age of 18.
11) A DUI is a felony in Illinois if the DUI offender had passenger under the age of 16 and the person has a prior DUI.
What Should You Do If You Are Facing an Aggravated DUI Charge in Illinois?
An arrest for an aggravated DUI is a very serious matter. A felony DUI conviction can be a life-changing event, not just for you but your entire family. Aggravated DUI is punishable by prison and a maximum fine of $25,000 and many Aggravated DUI charges carry mandatory prison sentences.
Jaleel Law P.C. has the experience and knowledge to beat your felony DUI case. As a former DUI prosecutor, Mr. Jaleel knows how to create reasonable doubt in the State’s DUI case against you. Even if you submitted to a breathalyzer all hope is not lost, Jaleel Law P.C. has successfully gotten breath tests thrown out of court. Contact us today to see what we can do in your case.
Why Are We The Best?
Our mission is to make you feel like you are our most important client. After all you deserve nothing less.
A dynamic result occurs when honesty and integrity is combined with skill and experience.
At all times we will treat you how we would want to be treated and we will tell you everything we would want to know if our roles were reversed.
Chicago Felony DUI Attorney
Why Choose Us
You are our number one priority and our goal is to make you feel that everyday.
Former prosecutor in Cook County one of the largest prosecutorial offices in the world.
We will always talk to you and we will never talk at you.
Relentless advocate who is not afraid to fight the government.
We will always strive to be the advocate you can trust.
What Client’s Say
I can’t say enough great things about Omar Jaleel. I hired Omar to help a family member, who suffers from addition, ordered to a rehab facility for 15 months instead of being sentenced to jail. It took some time but he was dedicated and made it happen. A very difficult task in an overcrowded judicial system. Thank you for everything Omar.
Excellent attorney. Accountable. Always shows on time. Strives for customer needs and wants. You feel like you are really backed during the entire process.
Outstanding legal representation. Omer’s experience and expertise was truly an asset that payed dividends and prevented a disastrous outcome. I would highly recommend him to my friends and families without any hesitation.